We care at Pillows Grand Boutique Hotel Maurits at the Park
Our journey to tomorrow
Our goal is to help shape the future of responsible traveling with those who stay, work and partner with us.
We encourage our people to make a positive difference to local communities, while preserving our planets beauty and diversity.
Not just today, but long into the future. Because we care.
Pillows Amsterdam has the Green Key Gold certificate, which is the largest sustainability mark for the tourism and leisure industry in the Netherlands.
Our policy is to have newly built hotels obtain a Green Key Gold certificate, just as Pillows Maurits at the Park. We try to implement the standards and value of Green Key throughout the organization where possible.
Our Five Steppingstones
1. Champion a diverse culture where everyone can thrive.
2. Live in harmony with and contribute to our neighborhood.
3. Reduce the use of energy and carbon emission while taking care of our guests.
4. Support the wellbeing of cultured food and excel in alternatives to avoid sufferings.
5. Minimize our impact on the environment and contribute to improving it.
Read on to learn what we care about.
We care about you
Diversity starts with caring about each and everyone of you.
• We select on personality and capacity, never on gender, race, religion, orientation or age.
• We have zero tolerance for harassment, therefore our environment is safe and supportive for everyone at all times.
• We are a multilingual organisation.
We care about our neighborhood
We live in harmony with and contribute to our neighborhood.
To maintain our relationship:
- We activly communicate with our neighbors in good times and the bad.
- We Initiate and take part in neighborhood activities.
- We make sure that our real estate is permanently and sustainably integrated into the neighborhood with the greatest possible care.
- We test the impact of all our business processes against the impact on the neighbourhood.
Energy & CO2
In our new and renovated hotels we use LED lighting, water-saving sanitary facilities and we cook on induction in our kitchens. With all these savings, we see a significant decrease in consumption.
Besides we are electric-car friendly.
We work with sustainable cleaning products that have the smallest possible impact. Everything is delivered in concentrate so that we limit transport.
We chose Blycolin laundry service because they works with sustainable programs to save water and chemicals during the washing process.
We pick our suppliers carefully to ensure they share our values.
In the Netherlands, we have entered into a sustainable partnership by working with Sligro and Heineken. They deliver their products in joint freight. As a result, we save more than 500 journeys to and from our hotels in the Netherlands every year.
Green & local
Eating healthy and knowing where your food came from is important.
The dishes we serve are perfectly outbalanced in taste, colour and nutriens. We also offer several vegeterian options.
Our menu changes with the season, enabling us to use many local products and delicacies. Some of the herbs even come from our own garden.
Waste or not
Reducing waste while offering you the best possible service.
As we serve you a perfectly balanced breakfast we reduce waste in comparisson to offering you a large buffet. A win for you, for us and for our planet.
We also thrive to use product that other restaurants reject. Like the tail of King Crab we use in VanOost. A delicious peace of a beautiful animal otherwise gone to waste.
We sort our waste stream above average.
We separate all paper, glass, plastic, residual waste, and chemical waste. And we compact any remaining waste. As a result, the waste service doesn’t have to come to our hotels as often. Fewer journeys means less fuel used to get to our hotels and less CO2.
In the hotels we work with Nespresso including their recycling program, Aluminium.