Last updated on 17 December 2018.
The International Hotel Management Group B.V. (hereafter referred to as: Pillows Hotels or “we”) respects the privacy of visitors to its website. We ensure that the information you make available to us will be treated as confidential.
What personal information does Pillows Hotels collect and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our Services may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example we may request your contact details such as full name, telephone number, email address, and date of birth, as necessary, in order to correspond with you or to process and ensure your booking, to register an account with us, provide the services and information you request such as details about your booking, have an emergency contact number for you in case needed, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit enquiries to us. You may also need to provide your billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name and expiration date) to make a payment.
Special Categories of Personal Information
In some cases we may also require you to provide us with sensitive personal data. Sensitive personal data is a type of personal information, such as information on your religion or health. These types of information are considered sensitive and require additional protection under applicable laws. We limit the circumstances under which we may collect sensitive personal information.
In certain cases we need to process sensitive personal data, including:
- Health-related information may be needed to provide appropriate travel accommodation and accessibility or facility requirements.
- Government-issued identification numbers like passport or driver’s license number may be required for vehicle rental or other travel reservation.
- Other information that you can specify at your option and which may imply or suggest information like religion, health or other information, such as dietary needs.
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information. If requested, we can keep you informed of our latest and most attractive offers via our email service.
Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws. Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information.
We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” below.
Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
In general, we will use the personal information we collect from you only for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or for purposes that we explain to you at the time we collect your personal information. However, we may also use your personal information for other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes we have disclosed to you (such as archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes) if and where this is permitted by applicable data protection laws.
Legal basis for processing personal information (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Questions and Feedback” heading below.
How do we use your personal information?
We will always let you know why we need your personal details and how we will use this information. Pillows Hotels will not make this information available to third parties in any circumstances without your explicit consent, except:
- Orange Hotel Marketing;
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
How does Pillows Hotels deal with data in the event of competitions or promotions?
If you respond to a competition or promotion, we will ask for your name, address and email. This data is used in relation to the promotion, to inform competition winners of their prize and to measure the response to the promotion.
How does Pillows Hotels deal with safety and quality?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the quality and integrity of the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Specific measures we use include the usage of firewalls and PCI compliancy.
We will take great care of your information. The information you give when booking a trip, or when subscribing to the newsletter, will be securely stored in our database.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
We gather information for research in order to obtain a better insight into our customers, enabling us to tailor our services accordingly.
This privacy statement is adjusted to the use and options available on this site. Any alterations and/or changes to this site may lead to changes to this privacy statement. It is therefore advisable to check this privacy statement on a regular basis.
Adjusting or unsubscribing from the newsletter service
At the footer of each email, you will find an option to amend your details or to unsubscribe.
Adjusting or unsubscribing from communications
You can contact us any time you wish in order to amend your details or delete them from our files. See the contact details below.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time.
Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area are available here.)We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
Questions and feedback
International Hotel Management Group B.V.
1075 AA AMSTERDAM
T: +31 85 487 20 00